November 20, 2013
Ladies: This week we have a looking to one of the many possibilities for up-dos. At Hairzoo we have great experience with them, so pop on down to your local Hairzoo and one of our stylists will be able to create the up-do you love. In the meantime, here's how we go about one...
1. Start with letting your hair air dry with your natural wave or curl. If you have straight hair, you can leave it natural or add curl with a curling iron. You can also use product to add more texture to the hair.
2. Next tease the hair to get the desired volume for your look. It is always best to customize it to fit your style and look.
3. Now you can start to shape your up-do. You can decide to sweep it off to one side, add braids to it, or leave a few curls down in the front. Let your creativity flow, that way you will never end up with the same up-do twice.
4. Using small sections twist and pin pieces of hair up in different places and going different directions. Tuck the ends in, or leave them out for a more unconstructed look. You can braid some of the sections before pinning them up. This will make it so there are small braids throughout the entire up-do.
5. Once all your hair is pinned up, use a hand held mirror and a stationary mirror so that you can see the back and make any adjustments you want. The most important thing to remember is be creative, this look isn't supposed to look "perfect". It is supposed to look fun, gorgeous, and effortless. Once you have it just how you want it add a little hairspray for support. When choosing a hairspray, consider your hair type and the weather. We love the Goldwell Big Finish, it has buildable hold, so the more you use the firmer the hold.
Men: Hey guys, have you ever had a straight razor shave on the back of your neck, the kind that you used to only get at the barber shop? Well good news! Here at Hairzoo you can get that same amazing shave! After getting a great haircut, you can enjoy the relaxing and luxurious experience that you can't get everywhere.
We start with a hot towel on the back of your neck. This is not only relaxing, but it will also help to get a smoother cleaner shave. At Hairzoo we use the American Crew Moisturizing Shave Cream. It is formulated to ensure the razor will glide smoothly and not dry the skin out. It is made with aloe and avocado oil which is great for dry or sensitive skin.
The result will be a clean smooth feel that you won't get any other way, and an incredibly relaxing experience that will melt away the stress of your day!