A haircut can be one of life’s little pleasures. It feels nice to be pampered and receive a fresh, new look.This will be a time to relax and allow a professional hairstylist take care of that work for you. There are some things you can do to ensure you not only get the cut you want, but also make the experience a great joy and something to look forward to. Here are some tips to bear in mind when heading to Hairzoo for your next haircut:
The Hairzoo Haircut
The Hairzoo Ultimate Guest Experience is centered on one thing: you. Our professional stylists are trained in the latest techniques and educated about the best hair care products in order for them to serve you and achieve the desired style and look. The haircut itself is the most important part. Whether you’re coming in for a complete restyle, or simply need a trim, these guidelines will help you to direct the stylist better:
1. Have an idea of what you want and be open to suggestions. Look for pictures of haircuts you like or pick a style. Being specific will always lead to better results.
You may have an idea of what you want your hair to look like but be flexible. Your ideal style may or may not be achievable with your hair type, but we’ll work with you to achieve a great look!
2. Be specific where it matters. Many of our guests like their bangs or sideburns a specific length. Even if we’re modeling a style for you, if you like something a certain way, tell us! Being specific will ensure you don’t get a cut that is too short or too long. If you’re not sure, have your stylist take a little off and see how it looks. Your stylist will be able to take it from there.
3. Knowing the lingo can help, but don’t worry if you don’t. Here are a few of the terms to help get you started:
- If you want your hair to get shorter as it goes down to your neck, ask for a taper.
- Know your neckline, or nape shape which can be blocked or squared-off, rounded or tapered.
- Blocking can be great if you’re looking for that nice tidy look, but will show new growth sooner.
- The rounded look will give a softer transition but can look messy as the hair grows back.
- A taper can be a bit more traditional and slims the neck but it will look great in between cuts while the hair is growing.
- If you are looking for that modern hairstyle you may need texturing.
- Asking for a choppy texture technique will add volume to straight or thin hair.
- A haircut by using a razor will flatten curly hair and a technique like layering can help cover thinning or balding areas and add the appearance of volume.
Remember, if you don’t know the lingo, don’t worry and just ask. Hairzoo stylists are trained to help and each one will be delighted to explain.
4. Ask for advice. Your Hairzoo stylist receives continuing education to ensure that they’re literally at the cutting edge of trends and the best techniques. Each stylist will know your hair type, how to best cut it, as well as how you can maintain it at home using a wide range of hair care products and tools offered at Hairzoo.
5. Help your stylist. If you’re a parent coming with your kids, helping to keep their head straight or tilted as requested will ensure a better outcome. If you are unsure of something as the hair is being cut, you can always stop and discuss with your stylist.
Hairzoo provides barber shop services including mens haircuts, short hairstyles, and short haircuts. No need to ask “are there hair salons near me.” We are close by and have locations in both California and New York including Santa Monica, Rochester, Webster, Newark, Victor, and Fairfax. Come visit one of our locations for your next haircut. You’ll be glad you had the Hairzoo Ultimate Guest Experience!