May 4, 2015
Agreed that a curling iron gives us amazing curls however, do we ever take a moment to think about the damage it causes our hair?
Truth is we don't really need a heat to get pretty wavy locks. Luckily, there are a few safe and sound methods to get the same result without causing any damage to your strands.
- Headband Technique
This is an easy technique that should be done before bed and by morning you'll have gorgeous curls.
- Spritz your hair with water and wear a headband.
- Divide your hair in 3-4 sections.
- Twist each section and wrap it around the headband as shown in the image below.
- Secure the ends with bobby pins and sleep on it.
- Remove the headband in the morning, spray some texturizing hairspray and you are done.
This technique may take about 30 to 45 minutes but you'll get better results if this is done overnight.
- Again, start with damp hair, section and roll each section on two fingers.
Pin each section on top of the head with hair clips or bobby pins.
This technique involves using fabric cut in small pieces to achieve curls.
3. Fabric Curls
- Start by sectioning your hair and wrap each section on a fabric
- Roll the section on the fabric gradually moving up and tie the ends.
- Leave it overnight
- Untie in the morning to reveal pretty curls.
4. Pin Curls
This one's pretty straight forward. Simply roll thin sections of hair and bobby pin them. Leave it overnight and unpin in the morning.